PRIVACY AND COOKIE NOTICE
Women’s Health Access Matters (“WHAM,” “we,” “us” or “our”) takes the security and privacy of your personal information very seriously. This Privacy and Cookie Notice (“Notice”) describes how we process personal data about you that we collect through our website, located at https://whamnow.org/ (the “Site”). This Notice does not apply to information that we collect offline, such as by telephone, facsimile, postal mail, personal delivery, or other offline means or media. By accessing and using the Site, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Notice.
- Personal Data We Collect
- “Personal Data” is information that identifies you as an individual, such as: name, email address, postal address, and telephone number.
- We may collect and process the following Personal Data about you:
- If you interact with the Site, we will collect the information that you voluntarily provide when interacting.
- We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Information that you provide in order to benefit from a particular feature or participate in a particular activity, such as when you sign up to receive emails from us or sign up for a newsletter.
- We may combine your Personal Data with other information we have collected from you. We may also combine your Personal Data with information we receive about you from other sources, such as our affiliates, publicly available information sources, and third parties. We treat the combined information as Personal Data.
- We may inform you of other Personal Data collected by or through the Site at the point of collection.
- How We Use Personal Data
- We use Personal Data for the purposes described in this Notice and as otherwise described to you at the point of collection. Specifically, we may use Personal Data from or about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or that we feel may interest you.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Site, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our Site, products, and services.
- To enable you to provide feedback to us or complete online surveys that allow you to tell us what you think.
- To prevent misuse or improper use of the Site.
- To communicate with you and respond to your inquiries.
- If you sign up for our email list to send you emails about products, offers, or events that we think might be of interest to you.
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products and features, enhancing our website, improving our products and services, identifying Site usage trends, and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns. As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- for any other purpose specified at the point of collection.
- We may use non-personal, non-individual statistics or demographic information in aggregate form without restriction, and we may share such information with our marketing partners, advertisers or other third-parties for analytics purposes.
- Disclosure of Your Personal Data
- We may disclose your Personal Data to any member of our affiliates and subsidiaries for the purposes described in this Notice.
- We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties:
- Who are service providers that perform functions on our behalf. Examples include sending postal mail, e-mail, analyzing data, and providing marketing assistance.
- In the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceeding).
- Third Party Payment Processor. We use a third party payment processor to assist us in processing your personally identifiable payment information securely. The information collected for payment purposes, such as your credit card number and expiration date, are collected by the third party payment processor. Such third party processor’s use of your Personal Data is governed by its own separate privacy notice, which may or may not contain privacy protections as protective as this Notice. We encourage you to read such payment processor’s privacy notice to understand how your information will be processed and handled. We will inform you of any changes to our payment processor when processing your payments.
- Your Rights and Choices
- You may opt out of having information that we can verify is your Personal Data and that is within our control prospectively retained by us or used by us for certain purposes by sending us an email at info@whamnowmailto:help@[COMPANY].com.org. In the subject field, type “Opt Out” and provide us your name and the e-mail, phone or postal address. You may also opt out by writing us at WHAM, 19 East Elm St, Greenwich, CT 06830 or calling us at (203) 661.1173. We may require additional information from you to verify your identity and identify the information within our systems that is your Personal Data. We will seek to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. We may need to retain your Personal Data for certain purposes permitted by law, including if required by law or legal process. In addition, you may opt out of receiving promotional e-mails and text messages from us by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in any such messages. Please note that if you opt out of receiving promotional messages from us, this does not impact other transactional and administrative messages which you will continue to receive (such as emails relating to changes to this Notice).
- Notice to California Residents
- Under California Civil Code § 1798.83, a California resident with whom WHAM has an established relationship has the right to request certain information concerning the types of personal information WHAM has shared with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, and the identities of those third parties, within the immediately preceding calendar year, subject to certain exceptions. All requests for such information must be in writing and sent by mail to: WHAM, 19 East Elm St, Greenwich, CT 06830 or by email to: email@example.com.This same California law permits WHAM to provide you, in response to your written request, with a cost-free means to choose not to have your information shared rather than providing the above-described information.
- Third Party Websites
- Passive Information Collection, Use, and Choices
- As you navigate the Site, certain Traffic Data may be passively collected, meaning it is gathered without your actively providing it. This is done using the following technologies in the following ways:
- Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type and operating system type and version screen resolution, and Internet browser type and version.
- Through your device: If you access the Site through a mobile device or other network-connected product, certain information may be collected about that device, including your device type, network service provider, and other identifiers. We may collect unique device identifiers (such as IDFA and AID tags and UUID and UDID identifiers) associated with the device you use to access the Site.
- recognize your computer or device to make your use of the Site easier, such as to remember your locations of interest and other preferences with the Site;
- gather statistical information about use of the Site in order to continually improve its design and functionality, understand how individuals use it, and to assist us with resolving questions regarding it;
- select which of our advertisements or offers are most likely to appeal to you and display them while you are on the Site and on other websites, applications, and online services that you use; and
- track consumer responses to online advertisements.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies. Your browser may allow you to block or limit cookies. You will need to do this on each browser and device that you use. Blocking cookies may result in loss of some functionality on the Site. To learn more about cookies, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Using Monitoring Tools: The Site may utilize pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs, Flash Shared Objects, HTML5 Local Storage, HTML5 Mini Databases, and other similar technologies, both on certain aspects of the Site and in HTML-formatted e-mail messages to you. These monitoring tools are used for the purpose of, among other things, measuring the success of our marketing campaigns, compiling statistics about Site usage and response rates, and tracking the activities of users of the Site and e-mail recipients.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many online service providers, including website operators. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Site.
- Analytic Tools: We also use tools and third-party services to collect information about usage of the Site, including Google Analytics. To learn more about privacy and Google Analytics please consult the Google Analytics overview provided by Google at: http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html. Generally speaking, Google Analytics collects information on how often users visit the Site, what aspects of the Site they visit when they do so, and what other websites users visited prior to accessing the Site. Google Analytics also collects information to allow us to analyze user purchasing activity. You may prevent your data from being collected and used by Google Analytics by opting out through the use of the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on.
- Do Not Track: This Site does not process Do-Not-Track (DNT) headers transmitted by Web browsers. Our third-party web analytics companies collect information about your online activities over time. These third parties do not change their tracking practices in response to DNT settings in your web browser and we do not obligate these parties to honor DNT settings.
Although our use of passive collection technologies may change over time as technology evolves, the above descriptions are designed to provide you with additional detail about our current approach to information collected from passive technologies.
- The security of your Personal Data is important to us and we are committed to handling that information carefully. We use reasonable and appropriate organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Data under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us of the problem.
- Information Related to Minors
- The Site is not intended for persons under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect Personal Data online from persons in this age group. We reserve the right to delete any information identified as having been provided by such persons at our discretion.
- Data Retention
- We generally retain Personal Data for so long as it may be relevant for the purposes identified in this Notice or at the time the information is collected, unless a longer period of time is required by law.
- Changes to Our Notice
- We may change this Notice from time to time. When we do, we will let you know by posting the changed Notice on this page with a new “Last Updated” date. In some cases, we may also tell you about changes by additional means, such as by posting a notice on the Site or sending an e-mail to the e-mail address we have on file for you.
- How to Access, Correct, or Update Your Information
- You can access or modify your information and modify your preferences by contacting us as indicated in the Contact section below.
- If you have any questions about this Notice, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Last Updated: [July 28, 2022]
Copyright © 2022 Women’s Health Access Matters. All rights reserved.