- Women in Academia Face a New Burden
- WHAM! Announces $100,000 from BrightFocus Foundation to Support Women’s Brain Health Research
- Developing heart assessments that better-identify risk in women
WHAM awarded a multiyear grant to Dr. Michelle O’Donoghue, a cardiovascular medicine specialist at Brigham and Women’s Hospital and an Associate Professor of Medicine at Harvard University, for her work to develop a better risk-assessment algorithm for women and heart disease. Up to 20% of coronary events in women occur in the absence of known risk. Current algorithms may not correctly estimate patient risk in women. Dr. O’Donoghue’s work will help women have a better understanding of their heart risks and take appropriate preventative measures. Read WHAM!’s full press release below.
- WHAM! Issues Phase Two of $150,000 Multiyear Investment in Novel Women’s Heart Disease Research
- WHAM! Issues First Investment in COVID-19 Sex and Gender Research